Gabby's Blog

Would you like to see Bryn Mawr College through my eyes? Welcome.

Things to Think About…

1) How come the men’s restrooms are always more convenient when in search of a bathroom? One would think it would be the other way around. In Canaday Library on the main level, the men’s restroom comes first in the hallway. I know, I know, that is only one example. I do feel happy when the dorm residents vote on which restrooms will be for men. Us ladies usually keep the pretty bathrooms for ourselves. It will either say “No Men Allowed” or it will have a note that you could flip to “Occupied” when a male guest is using the restroom. That way, no surprises. Just take note of how far you have to travel to the women’s restroom the next time , and see if you have to pass the lovely accessible men’s restroom on your way there.

Hmph.

2) A Calorie Shared Is A Calorie Shed!

Can you imagine receiving a cake or box of cookies from home? Chances are that you’ll have some friends who would like for you to share, or some friends who would like to devour your food. Even if it is just one bar of candy, if anyone asks, give half or a third. I have been going to Bryn Mawr’s gym very often. I’m trying to keep fit, but there are of course tempting foods. I find it that sharing is the best kind of passive exercise. Remember when someone asks for a piece- don’t silently pout in your mind, smile. You are shedding calories, and being a friend 🙂