Gabby's Blog

Would you like to see Bryn Mawr College through my eyes? Welcome.

Patriots Will Prevail. Giants, Merry Christmas You Get A Gift!!!

I like Bryn Mawr, because to have a good time simply means that you open up your Bryn Mawr email account, message all of your friends, order pizza and sodas, and finally turn on the TV in the nice new lounge in Merion basement to watch the Patriots face the Giants. I was wearing my red and blue New England Patriots hat (with the little fuzz ball on top) and my friends showed up with their preferred team paraphernalia. There was only one supporter of the Giants present, and I love her for her strong spirits and courage. Especially, since she was surrounded by so many Patriots fans. I’m sure everyone living in Merion heard our shouts and screams from the basement. Today, a friend of mine from Boston actually messaged me this morning to say that he was still a little upset about last night’s tragedy. Although sad, I couldn’t prevent myself from laughing at his message, thinking about the overly high value we place on these games. However, I must admit that I too felt a shock in my heart when the time was up for the Patriots. A friend’s mother prepared vegetarian snacks for us, which was nothing but pure awesomeness. My friends danced and laughed aloud together. What was so cool about the evening was that people left having met some new, wonderful people. Our combined presence was what made the evening so rich. Some of us had our laptops pulled out trying to complete homework during the game, but concentration was completely interrupted when either team scored a touchdown. Honestly, all of us Bostonians were, and still are so confident (we will be back next year), that when we lost we were silenced. This provided the perfect opportunity for the one New York fan to get up, scream, cheer, and Harlem shake in our faces. I am laughing while writing this because even in losing, the atmosphere was still so fun. It makes me wish that the Super Bowl happened every weekend at Bryn Mawr. Cheers to the winners and to the Pats fans, not to worry! We vacation at the Super Bowl, this was nothing but a scratch.